Con Brio is now over twenty years old! So, as we pass this milestone, we would like to share with you some of our good news.
Over our first two decades, we created and established the “Con Brio style” of varied, exciting and challenging programming, but always in genres that our growing, loyal audience loves:
- 8, 12, even 19-part renaissance pieces sung “in the round”
- A Cappella pieces
- Major works, scored for chorus, professional soloists and full professional orchestra
- Performances with world-class local soloists such as our recent Beethoven Choral Fantasia with Mihae Lee, piano, and our upcoming Beethoven Mass in C and Mascagni Easter Hymn, with Patricia Schuman, soprano
- Old fashioned Christmas Concerts (two performances to meet popular demand)
- Exciting new works by acclaimed American composers: Z. Randall Stroope, and New Englanders Gwyneth Walker of Vermont and Peter Bagley of UCONN
- Long-lost, but recently discovered music, such as Vivaldi Dixit Dominus RV807
- Powerfully moving pieces that speak to us of peace, including Jenkins L’Homme Armé (A Mass for Peace), and Vaughan Williams Dona Nobis Pacem, settings of Walt Whitman’s poems
European Concert Tours
Con Brio has made six highly successful concert tours to Europe, with its seventh to Slovenia and Croatia in 2018. (now fully booked).
- 2005: Northern Italy
- 2008: Germany, Czech Republic
- 2010: Southern Italy and Sicily
- 2012: Southern Spain
- 2014: Catalonia and France
- 2016: Portugal and Western Spain
- 2018: Slovenia and Croatia
Highlights and photographs of recent tours may be found in the History of Con Brio, by clicking on the link below:
Membership and Musicality
Today, Con Brio is stronger than ever. The chorus has grown to 70 auditioned choristers, attracting new, younger members, achieving a remarkable full, rich, sound with exciting dynamics and great musicality.
Finances and Giving Opportunities
Ticket sales, plus our member’s dues and donations, cover a full 2/3 of our annual budget! This very high percentage demonstrates the health and vibrancy of Con Brio, in the community and among our own members.
We are therefore fully confident in asking you to join with us, in this our 21st year, by making a tax-deductible contribution to Con Brio, a not for profit 501(c)3 organization registered in the State of Connecticut. Your gift will help Con Brio continue to offer splendid, exciting choral music, performed locally, by your friends and neighbors, for our friends and neighbors.
To donate instantly online, 24/7, click on the Square Icon below. Choose a fixed amount, or type in amount you choose. No handling fees. For your data protection, this is a secure, encrypted connection to SQUARE, a US credit card processing company managing over $50 billion per year in payments. Use any major credit card.
You will receive an email confirmation of your donation for your records. Thank you for your generosity! You will also receive a written receipt for your tax records from the Treasurer of Con Brio.
Con Brio also offers donors the options of making matching gifts, restricted endowment gifts, as well as planned legacy giving. Please contact the President of Con Brio in strictest confidence for more details. Call (860) 304-1399 or email.